Here are a few tricks from our UK team on treatin' yourself to wellness.
Download the app
Fitness memberships, workout classes, wellness services, beauty appointments and more.
Fruity, frozen, or on the rocks, margaritas can be a treat any way you shake ‘em. But, they could be better for you.
Before you celebrate Cinco de Mayo at your local bar, restaurant (or at home!), keep the fiesta going all year long with these five mixes that will save you calories!
Just eight ounces of a standard margarita can clock in at around 455 calories – yikes! Lighten up your drink by keeping it simple with this three ingredient, low-calorie cocktail.
- 2 ounces Avión Silver or Reposado
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- 1 lime wheel, for garnish
- Combine first three ingredients in shaker with ice, shake vigorously.
- Fine-strain over fresh ice.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
Everything in moderation, except avocado. Get your superfood and drink it too with the Drunken Avocado—your go-to, gut-friendly green drink!
- 2 tbsp avocado
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup cubed pineapple, plus more for garnish
- 3 lime wedges
- 2 cilantro sprigs
- 1 oz. tequila
- In a shaker, muddle the avocado, ginger, pineapple, lime, and cilantro.
- Fill with ice, add the tequila, and shake well.
- Double strain in a glass over ice and garnish with a handful of pineapple cubes, For an extra kick, add the Chili Salt Rim.
While it’s great for treating sunburns, Aloe Vera is an even better cocktail ingredient! With benefits such as boosting your immune system and digestion, Aloe will cool you and your skin down. It’s a lot of steps, but totally worth it – we promise!
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 3 ounces aloe juice
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp pink himalayan sea salt
- Aloe plant, for garnish
- 2 ounces margarita mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lime juice
- Remove aloe stalk from plant and trim the bottom with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Make homemade margarita mix: squeeze the lime juice into a bowl or measuring cup. Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture cool a bit before adding in the lime juice, mix together, and pour into a bottle. Refrigerate the mix for up to two weeks.
- On a small plate, mix up salt, cayenne pepper, and pink Himalayan sea salt. Cut a lime wedge and run it along the rim of a rocks glass.
- Roll the rim of the glass around in the salt mixture. Set aside.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine homemade margarita mix, tequila, and aloe juice. Shake vigorously, strain and pour into salt rimmed rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with aloe stalks and serve.
Elevate your energy with a mean kombucha-rita! You heard it right, your fave fizzy, probiotic tea just got a lot more fun.
- 2 oz. of tequila
- 3 oz. of ginger kombucha
- 1 oz. of triple sec
- ¼ of a lime, squeezed
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add tequila, ginger kombucha, triple sec and squeeze the quarter lime.
- Stir lightly until all liquids have mixed.
Want a tasty treat, without the booze? For those who enjoy their beverages sans alcohol, it’s a good idea to have this recipe on hand.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mango
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. If your mango is very frozen, you may need to add even more water to make it thin enough to drink.
- Garnish with lime and enjoy. To make the boozy version, just pour in some tequila and stir or blend.
This National Margarita Day, steer clear of the corn syrup and serve up some siesta-worthy sips for the whole squad!
It’s safe to say, the way we conquer our daily routines has changed drastically over the last few months. The way we perform our jobs, how we socialize—even the way we workout—have flipped from in-person, group settings to virtual platforms to keep us safe and healthy. There's no denying that navigating this new normal has certainly come with its ups and downs, to say the least. In fact, a recent survey revealed one-third of Americans said this pandemic has caused more stress and anxiety in their lives, which isn’t surprising given the circumstances.
With anxiety levels at a high, people need relaxation, self-care, and movement more than ever. Enter yoga.
Yoga has long been touted for its amazing ability to calm the mind and help folks stay in-tune with their body—which is probably why more and more people are embracing an at-home practice.
Whether you’re looking for a powerful Vinyasa class to help kickstart your morning or yearning for a gentle, evening flow to wind down after a busy workday, taking a yoga class is now more accessible than ever. With 91% of group fitness studios offering or planning to offer live stream and/or on-demand classes, those who are ready to get their asana on have plenty of yoga classes to try all over the country.
While there’s no place like om, most of us could go for a little virtual vacation right now. I know I could! Ready to get a taste of what yoga classes are like all over the country? Here are the U.S. cities with the most virtual yoga classes available.
It seems poetic that Chicago hits our number one spot on this list because it was the first city in America that was introduced to yoga back in 1893. Swami Vivekananda presented yoga at the World Parliament of Religions and made a speech on the concept of body, spirit, and mind. It seems the presentation made a lasting impression on the city.
Try getting your Zen on with one of these studios:
• The Lab Yoga
• Bottom Line Yoga
• Bare Feet Power Yoga
Everyone knows that Washington DC is where you can visit some of the world’s most famous monuments, memorials, and museums. But you may be surprised to learn that it also offers one of the most robust libraries of virtual classes to help yogis sample some classes at the nation’s capital.
Houston is one of the most culturally diverse cities in America—in fact, you can folks speaking 145 different languages and thousands of restaurants serving up food from more than 70 countries. If those facts have you working up quite an appetite, feel free to indulge. They also have plenty of virtual yoga classes available to help you torch some calories.
Did you know one of the first businesses to open in the City of Brotherly Love was a brewery in 1683? If you’re familiar with the ever-evolving trends of yoga, then you have most likely heard of or participated in beer yoga sesh. Get ready to try yoga the Philly way by cracking a cold one and doing some downward dogs in the comfort of your own home at the end of the day.
New York City is home to 8.4 million people, making it the most densely populated city in the entire nation. With that many people, you know there must be a ton of yogis looking to relax from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Start spreading the news and flowing with some of the most dedicated yogis in the U.S.—there are a ton of virtual yoga classes to choose from in the Big Apple.
Get ready to make some virtual yoga neighbors. Did you know that Columbus, Ohio is considered the heart of the country? The reason for that is because nearly half of the America’s residents live within a 600-mile radius of the city. Ready to put your heart and soul into your at-home yoga practice? Then check out what this city has to offer virtually.
San Diego is known as one of the happiest cities in America—mainly because of the beautiful weather, picturesque beaches, and the abundance of yoga classes available. While a vacation to this area may not be in the books for this year, you can certainly flow with the best of them by booking a virtual class at a San Diego studio.
This list is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the yoga studios offering virtual classes to help you stay fit, healthy, and calm during the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope these offerings inspire you to either start a new at-home practice or are helping you seasoned yogis continue your path to wellness. Interested in seeing what other cities are hosting a bevy of online yoga classes? The options on Mindbody are endless—literally!