Move over, men—today’s for the babes.
Download the app
Fitness memberships, workout classes, wellness services, beauty appointments and more.
Are red boxes and heart-shaped chocolates haunting your healthy eating routine? If you’re looking to indulge in a sweet treat but don’t want all that extra sugar from the store, we’ve got two tasty recipes from Sun & Swell Foods that will please you and yours this Valentine’s Day—and every day!
Chocolate and almonds—what could be better a better combo? If you’re looking for an easy-to-make sweet and savory dessert, this is your *tasty* answer.
1 ½ cups of almond butter
½ cup of coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup of raw honey (optional for added sweetness)
Chocolate filling of choice (we use our Double Cacao Clean Cookies)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together almond butter, coconut oil, and honey (optional) until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into the bottom layer of a dozen paper baking cups. Place in freezer until firm, roughly 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, and pour filling of choice (we used Double Cacao Clean Cookies!) to fill the cups three-quarters full; -cover with remaining mixture.
- Place back into the freezer until solid. Enjoy!
With just three ingredients, this decadent treat will tantalize every taste bud. Plus, you can easily customize this recipe by adding in the toppings you love.
- 175g (6 ounces) pitted dates
- 175g (6 ounces) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Toppings of your choice - our favorites are cacao, espresso, pistachio, and shredded coconut
- Fill mixing bowl with lukewarm water and soak dates for about one hour or until soft. Drain water.
- Add dates to food processor and process until dates are finely chopped. Mix in almond meal and cacao and pulse until a doughy consistency is achieved.
- On parchment paper, roll into truffle sized balls then coat with the desired topping of your choice. Store in airtight container and enjoy!
Featuring clean and simple snacks, Sun & Swell Foods offers 100% vegan and organic treats that you can take wherever you go!